Saturday, December 31, 2011

Home » » TOP 10 COMFORT FOODS

TOP 10 COMFORT FOODS

My mother used to say, the older she got the faster the years went by; now I know she was right !!  It seems like, just the other day, I was reminding myself to write 2011 on my checks; where did this year go ???

I looked back through my 101 posts for this year and tried to pick out the all time best ones (it wasn't easy), so I decided to narrow it down to OUR TEN FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD RECIPES.  I hope you enjoy them (

STARTING IN REVERSE:
CLICK ON THE RECIPE TITLE TO SEE THE RECIPE


This is a favorite of our grandchildren. Light as air and full of big air pockets that hold melted butter and jam, these are inexpensive, super easy and sure to please.




This is one of those busy day recipes that EVERYONE loves. The raw  noodles are cooked right in the sauce, so they are loaded with flavor. This one is a real keeper.

Glazed donuts are fun to make on the weekends. They put grocery store donuts to shame !!

You can make this pie a day or two ahead of time if necessary.
 It is a MUST for peanut butter lovers.

#6.  RED RICE

Some recipes are just for me. Picky-picky husband wouldn't even think of giving this recipe a taste (it has red peppers in it), but it is one of my all time favorites. IF you have any leftovers (which I seldom do with this recipe) it makes a wonderful lunch the next day.
#5.  CLASSIC JELLY ROLL CAKE



If you want to impress your company, try this easy jelly roll recipe. It gives step by step instructions on how to roll the cake. It is delicious and oh so pretty.
This photo does not do this cake justice. It is super moist, rich and delicious warm or cold. Personally, we love it on the warm side (not hot) with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Your family will love this perfect ending to a family meal.

#3.  UPSCALE SLOPPY JOES



We have always enjoyed sloppy joes, so I decided to try and make an upscale version that I could serve to company; the result was fantastic. Everyone loves this recipe of lean chuck roast cooked in the crockpot with sloppy joe seasonings. It is comfort food at its best !!!

This unassuming little sponge cake is a true winner. It can be used for a zillion
different recipes. It is light as air and makes the perfect shortcake.

The NUMBER ONE comfort food recipe of the year HAS to be this Mexican pulled pork and pinto beans (done in the crockpot); I serve it over rice.  Not only is it super easy, but it is ultra-flavorful and the leftovers make outrageous burritos !!



Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. Area Information: TOP 10 COMFORT FOODS . All Rights Reserved
Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Advertise with Us | Site map
Template modify by Creating Website. Inspired from CBS News